- This test may be used to evaluate zinc status
- Responses to tasting 10 mL of the solution normally fall into one of the following four categories
- 1) No specific taste or other sensation is noticed, even after the solution has been kept in the mouth for about 10 seconds
- 2) No immediate taste is noted, after a few seconds, a slight taste variously described as 'dry mineral', 'furry' or 'sweet' develops
- 3) A definite, though not strongly unpleasant taste is noted almost immediately and tends to intensify with time
- 4) A strong and unpleasant taste is noted immediately
- Category 1 is the poorest zinc status, while category 4 is optimal
Dosage & warnings
2 metric teaspoons (10 mL) per test, taste in the mouth for 10 seconds then swallow
If taste is in category 1 or 2: 5 mL (1 metric teaspoon) 3 times daily until taste description of category 3 or 4 is noted
Only take as directed.
This product is listed with the TGA - AustL 16456. The TGA publishes product info, including excipients under the "Other ingredients" subheading (not typically listed on the product label). Download the TGA public summary below.