- Magnesium and phosphate are both essential for the production and storage of energy in the body
- Phosphate is incorporated into compounds such as ATP and cyclic AMP
- Magnesium combines with and stabilises the ATP molecule, and the resultant Mg-ATP complex (rather than ATP alone) is the substrate for most ATP-requiring enzymes
- Magnesium has inhibitory and stabilising effects on neurons at the neuromuscular junction, and plays an influencing role in the release of neurotransmitters
- Sulfur compounds are involved in phase II detoxification (conjugation), where they render metabolites more water-soluble, thereby inactivating them and facilitating their excretion in the bile, faeces or urine
- Sodium is required for bile production, and is incorporated into the conjugation products of several bile salts
- Sulfate is a structural component of many glycosaminoglycans, proteoglycans, glycolipids and glycoproteins and as such, is a stabiliser of connective tissue and contributes to its strength, elasticity and hydration
- Sulfated glycosaminoglycan production is important in injury and wound repair
Dosage & warnings
Adults and children over 12 years: 1 tablet 3 times daily with meals
Children under 12 years: As professionally prescribed
Only take as directed.
This product is listed with the TGA - AustL 20304. The TGA publishes product info, including excipients under the "Other ingredients" subheading (not typically listed on the product label). Download the TGA public summary below.